Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Just Breathe

Just Breathe
I once attended a seminar on stress management. After about 6 minutes I was zoning out. The speaker was explaining the definition of stress. She also provided us with examples. The more she spoke about stress the more stressed out I got. I thought I would have to leave but finally she went on to some solutions. I was glad I stayed because I learned something valuable. I practice it whenever I need to. It is so simple. You can do it anywhere, any time.
Why am I telling you this? Stress and shyness are connected. Being shy can cause stress. If you can lower your stress level you can feel more comfortable. So for all you stressed out shy people here is the tip. JUST BREATHE!!!

It is a special type of breathing. Simple but special.

Instructions. Take a deep, deep breath through your nose. Keep taking that deep breath through your nose until you lungs feel full. As your lungs fill up your diaphragm will expend. You chest will move forward. Now hold that breathe for as long as you can.
When you are ready to exhale – exhale through your mouth very slowly. Keep pushing the air out until there is none left.
Do this three to six times.
Notice how much better you feel. You will feel relaxed, calm. Do this whenever you need to.

Here’s the gig. You have that feeling of shyness sweeping over you. You have a tool; deep breaths. Just breathe.

www.notshynow.com

No comments: