Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Key


The other day I was looking for my keys. I was in a mini panic because I could not find my keys. You would think I had lost something so valuable that my life would be over if I did not find it. It is just a piece of metal.


Yet my keys are very valuable and important to me. They are important to me for what they can do. A key can unlock or open something you want and need. A key can lead you to uncover something that is of great importance in your life.


A few minutes had passed. My mini panic was subsididng and I focused on finding my keys. I was looking for them as if my life depended on it. It did because without my keys I was stuck. I was not going anywhere.


I could take a risk and go somewhere without my keys but that could leave me open to something unwanted even dangerous.


So I searched and searched and I found my keys. I was elated.


Now I could go where I wanted to go. I could go where I needed to go and feel confident.


Have you lost your key to overcome your shyness? Are you searching for your key to overcome you shyness? Are you trying to overcome your shyness without a key to assist you?


This is your key. Use it to get to where you want to go.
Marcia, Your Confidence Coach

No comments: